Monday, March 14, 2011

New Found Determination

I love my husband, I really do with all my heart but, I strongly dislike his metabolism!  He started dieting and exercising the same time I did and has lost 8 pounds!  I have, as of today, gained 1 pound.

I have been eating 1340 calories a day and walking on the treadmill.  The only thing he has been doing differently is using the bowflex for weight training.  So tonight I bowflexed.... and let me tell you my arms were on fire.  I used muscles I haven't used in awhile.  I feel good about this new addition to my routine, and I am hoping it gives me that last little push towards weight loss.

I am now even more determined to lose these 30 pounds.  My husband beats me at everything, to the point were I refuse to play board games with him (I know I am a sore loser, and I am not teaching this trait to my children, but I hate to lose).  So this just gives my more drive to beat him at something, for once!  It sounds petty but if it keeps me motivated I am all about it.

Now that I have exercised and blogged I must go be mom and read a bedtime story to my little ones.  Trying to find balance is hard but that is a whole other blog post....

Today's weight:
181 pounds :(

1 comment:

  1. You're working out. You're probably building muscle. Don't be sad about the gain. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete