Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Here goes nothing....

200 days and 30 pounds.... that is my goal. Why 200 days you ask? That is the countdown to my baby brother's wedding.

Six weeks ago I gave birth to my second child, a beautiful baby boy whom I love to pieces but I don't not appreciate what he did to my body. I have had self esteem and body image issues for as long as I can remember, and after I had my daughter they got worse and worse. I even went through a little depression, don't worry I pulled my self out and got motivated. It took me 4 years but I lost the 60 pounds I gained with my daughter plus 20 and was finally at my goal weight. Next thing you know I am pregnant with my little man.... only able to enjoy my weight loss for a few months.

For pregnancy number two I tried so hard to eat healthy and stay on track to not gain 60 pounds. I was determined to be healthy, then the milkshake and pie monster struck...I mean it was for the baby, he wanted a milkshake every night. How could I deny my child? I was able to stick to my goal of not gaining 60 pounds, I gained 55 instead. So here I am now 6 weeks out and feeling worse about my body than ever. I have had very frequent "I am so fat" episodes, and I am at a point where I no longer want to beat myself up, I want to lift myself up and do something about it.

The Plan:

I am going to count my calories with the help of a handy cell phone app (gotta love modern technology), and try to exercise at least 3 times per week. Right now I am just doing light cardio, like walking on the treadmill and the stationary bike to start and hope to increase as time goes on. I am not an exercise person, it does not bring me joy, but what does bring me joy is fitting into my very expensive jeans that I bought prior to getting pregnant (I know I should be saying the health benefits, blah blah, I want to look good, it's the truth).

I am going to blog as much as I can to help keep myself accountable, I am even going to post my weight each time. This is real and I want to be honest and truthful so her it is...

Starting weight:
180.6 lbs


3 comments:

  1. Good luck Sabrina. I can understand How you're feeling. I feel like I have a kangaroo pouch for a stomach. Slowly, it's shrinking away. Since it's been 7 weeks for me, it's been 6 for you, right? For the record, I thought you were fantastic your entire pregnancy & you looked like you only gained weight in you tummy. I felt like my head, neck, arms all blew up! I've got 28 down and 15 to go. I also bought new jeans just before pregnancy. 3 awesome pairs. I've been trying them on once a week to see if they fit. I don't know why I do it to myself! I've been losing the weight quicker since I had to change what I eat for my breastfeeding. No more dairy, chocolate, peanut butter, certain veggies, beans, etc. Giving up butter is killer. I go through a box a week... Gross huh?

    I know you'll knock those 30 off no problem. But you truly look beautiful how you are!

    Jacqulyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've had those moments. "I'm so fat, I'm so ugly, my skin is so pimply." Sometimes you feel so helpless. I'm excited for you and your plan though! Don't get down on yourself. And I'm excited for your blog! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you! You're so driven that I know you are gonna reach your goal. You losing 60lbs the first time around is so inspirational! Good luck and can't wait to read how its going throughout the weeks!

    And like jacqulyn said-- you are beautiful inside and out. So when you have one of those down days, try to remember we all think the world of you and are all pulling for you. And you know I'm telling the truth cause we are some stuck up biotches who aren't just friends with anybody :)

    ReplyDelete