Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Sweet Struggles of Motherhood

Being a mom is tough!  Being a mom of 2 is tougher!  I have been trying to juggle the life of a mother of two with that of a working mom, and lately sleep has beat out exercise for first place in my nightly routine.  I value my sleep and up until a few nights ago the baby has been getting up at 3 am every night to eat.  I am just hoping he stays on track with his new sleeping schedule, I need at least 6 hours of sleep to be a productive and pleasant member of society.  *Alan has been really good about staying on track with his diet and work outs, and been really understanding when I chose sleep over a work out.  

I am also having a hard time with craving sweets, I love them so much and they make me very happy.... but then the guilt sets in after eating them, which makes me feel crappy :(  I need to find my will power against these evil but tasty snacks.  I have never loved chocolate, I have always been an ice cream eater, but my new worst enemy and best friend is a mini Reese's ( or a handful of mini Reese's)  I am trying to find good alternatives to the sweets, 100 calorie packs are helpful but you can still only eat so many... 100 calories at a time adds up quickly.  I think this will always be my struggle as it is  for many of those who are dieting.  I think I will just allow my self a cheat day every so often to help satisfy these crazy cravings.

In weight loss news I have lost 2 pounds!!!!!

Current weight:
178

3 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty! You should let yourself have a treat every day- just don't go overboard. As soon as I tell myself I can't have something, I have pretty much told myself that everything in my life is about to revolve around getting that forbidden thing. It becomes an obsession! Be proud of your 2 pounds lost and of trying so hard to be healthy. That's a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabrina, your doing great! You should try this shake I'm getting, it seriously taste like cake. And you can add little things to make different flavors. Via coffee, for a morning pick me up. A little peanut butter and chocolate for a late night treat. I'll have to bring you some to try. I just ordered it so well see how it goes. Good luck girl. Miss you! Congrats on your 2lbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay sabrina! two pounds off is so great! and i feel ya on craving the sweets. one thing i stopped doing is telling myself i "cant" have something. now i say "i can have whatever i want. but i'm not going to have that." it makes a big difference for some reason. i'm a bit of a headcase so it might not work for everyone :) keep up the good work and the other 28 will be gone in no time!

    ReplyDelete